Xb 2003 fishing prop

Mav73

What is a good prop for slow speed bow lift. I have a 26 drag 4 and it just doesn't raise the bow when driving slow

GotMyAlly

Quad iv OT was my go to prop when I had an 03. It carried the entire boat, which made the boat respond amazingly in rough water.

ROBERT CROSS

^
YEP!!

Love 'em
Hydromotive

14 3/4" X 28 R QIV OT...wet your pants

14 3/4” X 26 R QIV OT...cruise

14 1/2” X 24R QIV OT Round Ear...pin your ears back

Bob
:cool:

resqu-u

Steve's right on. My beat up 26 trophy is my favorite knock around prop. Runs great and I don't sweat when the water is bad.

90 5.0

26 quad IV O/T is what I ran on mine 99% of the time also.

A yammi t-1 will lift like crazy at slow speed on that hull also but will get hairy if you let it eat too much. Almost spit me out of the boat LOL

Mav73

How low are you running the 26 trophy, I have one and its no better than the drag 4. Maybe I'm running it to high, I'm about 1, 1\4 below the pad. Id like to trade the drag 4 for a prop that would work, Mick

Mick

How low are you running the 26 trophy, I have one and its no better than the drag 4. Maybe I'm running it to high, I'm about 1, 1\4 below the pad. Id like to trade the drag 4 for a prop that would work, Mick
I started at 1/2 below pad which is way to low for my 03. I was trying to be conservative while learning to wheel my ally. I love the trophy but my problem is I have an offshore mid which has no exhaust coming out around the prop, which means with the big hub of the trophy there was not enough slip to allow the engine to rev up.. (At least that's my interpretation of what I was told) so I've since raised my engine to even or a tad above, and removed all vent plugs so it's wide open. I haven't had a chance to test yet but hope this will solve my problems. I was told to switch over to a pro et or drag 4 over the hub. I'd just like to try one before I start dropping $. I know when I put my 3 blade Over hub prop back on it shot out of the hole like it should, it just doesn't carry a fishing load. Are you going to the rally? im looking forward to hopefully be able to try some different props out there and find one that will work for my load and setup, or at least talk with these boys that have a lot more knowledge and insight than I do at this point.

Mav73

I started at 1/2 below pad which is way to low for my 03. I was trying to be conservative while learning to wheel my ally. I love the trophy but my problem is I have an offshore mid which has no exhaust coming out around the prop, which means with the big hub of the trophy there was not enough slip to allow the engine to rev up.. (At least that's my interpretation of what I was told) so I've since raised my engine to even or a tad above, and removed all vent plugs so it's wide open. I haven't had a chance to test yet but hope this will solve my problems. I was told to switch over to a pro et or drag 4 over the hub. I'd just like to try one before I start dropping $. I know when I put my 3 blade Over hub prop back on it shot out of the hole like it should, it just doesn't carry a fishing load. Are you going to the rally? im looking forward to hopefully be able to try some different props out there and find one that will work for my load and setup, or at least talk with these boys that have a lot more knowledge and insight than I do at this point.
Nah I'm not going to the rally. I always heard the trophy wasn't a surfacing prop that's why I run it low. With boat light I ran it 1\2 below pad and it ran 86ish. Guess I'm going to lower it more and see what that does. Can't hurt. Also I have a skid planer on my boat ,wonder if it's stopping the bow lift I'm looking for

xb03fs

Yup raise that prop up. With a sporty every prop needs to surface or they are ill handling. People say keep trophies low as in 1/4 below because they tend to crack easier than other props... But they run well and like to be surfaced

Mick

Thought the old trophys were the ones that cracked. My boat was a 1/4 above when I purchased, I'm finding that like stated above, these boats and lowers do not like to be buried.. Big learning curve with these At least for myself anyway..

xb03fs

Every prop will crack some easier than others is all

resqu-u

I run my trophy at 1/4 to 1/2 below the pad depending on the day. Never any lower though. I don't run the PVS plugs either, makes a big difference on how fast the RPM's come up. Running above the pad on an 03 is not necessary. The 02 guys can get away with it but I feel like it is a disaster waiting to happen on an 03. 1/4 below and run it.

Mick

I'm right at about even with the pad now, haven't had a chance to get her out yet, but I'm also pretty sure I've had some lip removed which in turn I've been told needs to be a tad higher than an unmolested pad. Really hope she'll spool up and go minus the plugs.

Contractor

26 trophy plus is the ticket 4 ME.. even with the bottom... runs GREAT on my 1995 Pro Sport..

Mick

Trophy also seems to be great for me as well.. Just trying to get my holeshot ironed out.

hirk

Mick I got out of the hole with 1/2 gas, 1/2 full livewell, me at 230 and three beauty's in the back that combined go about 600. Xb03 with a 200 efi and a 26 drag 4, killer holeshot (i have a drilled mid)

Attachments