225 pro max drop on on 200efi mid

bill

I am buying a 225 pro max power head to install on a 1998 200 efi mid. Any suggestions on parts I would need? I am not going to spend any more money on my 200 efi. I think this is the right decision hopefully.Thank you guys

allimax

I would check with the experts but I think the exhaust ports on the 200 can are smaller than what is used on the 225 PM. Just FYI.

bill

Thank you guys, he is going to send me a two piece plate for pro max, saddle and mid!!! Thanks again

Allyfishing

I had a guy build me a motor with a 1996 225 PM powerhead on a standard 200 bass mid. I know there are 2 plates on the mid for the powerhead to bolt on with stock water port and exhaust. What mine had was a wizard tuner instead of a stock tuner and it was more bell shaped. The liner or "can" as its called would not fit so it was left out of the mid. it gave it a bit more of a throaty sound. All I can say about that motor was it seemed to have more power especially on the low end with that larger tuner and no can. it was one heck of a motor til the block cracked by the rear powerhead bolts and that had nothing to do with the mid or tuner.

bill

Thanks, I should get it this week!!! I am exited to have some more power for sure. Thanks again for the replies!!!!