XB Wing Emblems

allimax

I see these are extinct now. Mine are still there and in pretty good shape other than needing to have the "2003" painted red again. My question is if yours are gone, what happened? My fear is after time the tape may loosen and they fly off while running. I would think after 17 years it may be a good idea to floss them off, clean everything up and get the 3M tape out. Opinions?

skewby

as far as i know they don't make the domed ones that say xb2003 people just replace it with one of the domed allison stickers

allimax

Not a great pic but this is how the emblems are on the rear of mine. I assumed this was the factory lay out? Maybe not? Anyway I would like to keep it as factory as possible. First I guess I need to establish if this is correct and if so and you have one that isn't anymore, what happened. Could be as simple as they started looking crappy and got yanked?image.jpg

skewby

they do look better. i still have my old xb decals that i repainted and never put back on the boat. they look good on my toll box. lol

skewby

i'm not sure if they came with the domed allison decal or not? i was thinking that they just had the xb2003 decal

hirk

Owners have replaced the original with domed usually due to wet sanding or buffing I would guess. Doubt they would just fall off.

allimax

I was looking to find a good shot of the newer domed version of the XB emblem just to see how they looked. No good shots on the Allison site, don't see one with the other decals, stickers, etc.. Anyone have a good pic? From what I see trying to blow it up on one of the boats it looks to me like it just says "XB" no X21B, X2003B, etc..

skewby

they dont make make one that says xb2003 i'm preety sure you can get one that says xb or xb21. the xb2003 were the plastic ones

allimax

image.jpeg Wonder what vintage those were from? I have to assum before my 1999 but maybe the domed versions of those aren't factory correct for my 99?? I got permission to have some domed versions of the X2003B made up and should have the prototype drawings of them this week. If there is any interest out there I can post a pic once they're done. I'm having them made to look like the X21B version (shown) but in silver flake. Opinions on doing them with the 2003 vertical like the 21 instead of horizontal?

resqu-u

The only other emblem Allison has had in a while is the domed ProSport logo they use on the newer boats. It looks good on the 03's also. Post some picks of what you have made up though I'm sure there will be some interest!

dubmoney

Some one may have made my allison decal? Am I hearing that they once made the xb3003 sticker in a domed version? I think that would look good and be an upgrade to the flat decal I have.

Attachments

allimax

No, as far as I know the "X2003B" emblems were only made from the hard plastic like shown in my second post above. The Allison shown there is the newer domed style and may not be original to my 1999 model year. You can still buy the domed style "Allison" from Bill I think for like $20 each. Twenty bucks is a deal for one. The X2003B emblem has been long discontinued and is no longer available. That is what I'm having redesigned but in the domed style along with some other switch controls to clean my dash up. I'll post one once I have things.