28 T4X

Lotus 50

I just bought a 28 T4X. Years ago I bought a 30 T4X after reading a test in Bass & Walleye boats. Fast prop, but sluggish acceleration with the lightly modified 150XR4 I had then. Now I'm down to 28 pitch and up to a 225 PM. Should be fun.

BP1

Had one that I ran on my xb2003. Very smooth, but sold it. I always thought it would shine on an xb2002. I may need to try one again on my current boat.

Lotus 50

It was an irrational purchase that I am very happy about. I have a new 29 Hydromotive that is a bit steep for a boatful of people, but great solo, and a 26 Trophy that is great with a load. Is there a need for something in between? I bought a 28 Trophy to find out. But I still have the T4x itch from that long ago article. Also, it was weird not to have an over hub prop.

Last edited:

whipper

Thats one of my dream props to purchase Lotus!! 27 for my setup would be sick!! 28 SS Promax same thing as a 27 on the GS ill bet. i didnt like the 28 trophys to much on mine. 25 and 27 seem to be awesome but 28 not so much. I think the dia changes with the 28? One of the fastest props i ever had was an Allison cut 27 trophy buy the guy who does Darris,s props. Got it off Jeff {RacerX} It had like a turbo boost from 75 up. it just took off from there and had no limit just pulled forever!! Kinda odd feeling but fast! No bottom end is why i sold it. i like acceleration from start to finish. im betting the T4X will be a great two up and solo ripper run way up high. I remember Todd telling me a tweeked 30 t4X was the fastest top end prop on his GS when it had the 225. 98 or 99 mph right around there!! The fastest prop I think on his 260 setup is a 27 T3X, Even 103 with 4 aboard. ;) The t4X is such high quality looking work of art!!

GrandLakeGAR

I ordered a 28 T4X for my 2003/280 based on the raves by B&WE. Terrible hole shot, had to feather and play with the throttle for 100 yards to get it to hook up. Todd said adding some cup might help but it would void the warranty so I used their return policy and sent it back. For that style prop a 28 Drag 4 from Performance Propellers and a 28 ProET worked much better on my set up.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
I ordered a 28 T4X for my 2003/280 based on the raves by B&WE. Terrible hole shot, had to feather and play with the throttle for 100 yards to get it to hook up. Todd said adding some cup might help but it would void the warranty so I used their return policy and sent it back. For that style prop a 28 Drag 4 from Performance Propellers and a 28 ProET worked much better on my set up.

Seems odd that he would void the warranty on one of his own props if he was just banging a little cup into it. They are pretty and I would like to try one someday.

Lotus 50

The 30 T4X I had with my 150 just rolled onto a plane. But the boat accelerated a lot slower than with a 30 small ear chopper, which was just as fast. The 30 4 blade was too much for the little motor.

Actually just about any prop I've tried has just hooked up and gone. Maybe it's the foil.

Edit: Todd replaced my QIV that he worked for me when a blade tip broke off. Stand up guy.

GrandLakeGAR

Seems odd that he would void the warranty on one of his own props if he was just banging a little cup into it. They are pretty and I would like to try one someday.
. Warranty was the wrong word. Todd said once it was modified the return for credit policy was out. I had both a Allison foil and a skid plate under the Jack plate but the prop was just slow to hook up. This was about 15 years ago but I remember talking to Lou who tried one on his 2003/280 with similar results. Prop drove and handled well otherwise.

Last edited:

whipper

I find tip cup really is a wonderful thing on almost all props on my setup also. I think most Vee hulls run even with the pad or higher benefit from this. Ive had exact same make and pitch props one with one without several times and the ones with tip cup I was always more pleased with. This style like the DR4 same results also. i had a dr4 thined and tweeked for high speed running but it was to thin and think it might have been flexing under load changing the skew perhaps? It never worked for me. If your 28 doesn't perform unreal and is stock tip cup it a little and ill bet it would be night and day. Gota run these type high though or they will not perform just like a drag4. The Drag4 is a copy of the T4X.