Smallmouth on Norris

Dave Hensley

A late Fall here in God's Country. Smallmouth bite has not been great in numbers but if you are patient the big ones are there. Last two trips. 14 total fish but 7 were over 18" One was 21" and 4 lb 12 oz. Nothing like it.

Dave Hensley

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Not too good at getting pics from iphone to Chromebook(Android) and uploaded to website. I will try to do better.

Last edited:

Dave Hensley

Merry CHRISTmas to you too Gary!! Mine will just get better if I can keep going and picking a few of these up. Not getting much boat work done!!!

Dave Hensley

Lots of them in that lake. Recent rains will screw up fishing for a while. I had one on the other day that was in that 6+ range and will keep going back.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like Norris is already up 4 ft and supposed to come up a couple more. Watts bar is back at summer pool. Had quite a bit come down here, more than I realized.

Dave Hensley

Neal I am sure you had fun. Going back tomorrow to check on the bite. The lake came up about 6 feet during the monsoon last week. They were holding that water to let the Tennessee River get back to winter pool I guess. They have started generating again. Current makes fishing much better and outflow has just started to exceed inflow the last couple of days. We will see. Lost two really good fish the last trip and have been anxious to get back up there. Hoping for a tinge of color in the water.

Dave Hensley

Had a good day except for fishing in the cold and wind with sinus infection. Not the best of combinations. Wind makes fishing deep and slow with 1/8 oz. jigs tough. Still had 10 solid fish. One went 3lb 5oz and then had 3-4 more in the 2lb to 3 lb. Got to get back up there as they are ripping the water through now that the downstream reservoirs are getting back to winter pool.

GotMyAlly

My bro-in-law has been smoking the smallies in east TN for the last few weeks!

I'm saving all of my fishing for post-Jan 31.

Dave Hensley

10-4. My buddy went to Norris today. Caught 10. Had 3 in he 3lb class. I am about to shake this crud so will be checking in on them soon.

Allyfishing

So Dave....when did this desire to go fishing start??? I've never heard you express any interest in fishing. This is cool. So you will fish the rally tourny, right?? Nice fish!!!