Recent content by vcrash

1. V

Update XB2003T

oh crap, i got some grease to clean up then, i can build that luber no problem, thanks for that link , i better get at it vc
  2. V

Update XB2003T

[ Hopefully we all will learn from it and have faster, safer, and more efficient set-ups. theres a guy with 21 foot triton and 250 verado looking for me, IM AFRAID to go out in case he whips my ***! i kinda deserve it for making him look so bad with my ss but man id hate to loose to that big...
  3. V

Update XB2003T

any helpfull hints on how to do that other then greasing the fittings at the back? i bet thats my problem, i cant correct it fast enough. theres no such thing as small corrections with it.
  4. V

Update XB2003T

understood, im going to spend a couple of hours sat again playing with engine hieghts and props, theres a good chance my problem is in the steering, its very stiff even out of the water and is extremly difficult to turn under load. its a tottaly different ride then my ss was.
  5. V

Update XB2003T

So what was the problem, just balance?
  6. V

xr2001 vs ss2000

i tried my ss once sober and it scared the **** out of me!
  7. V

need help bad

Thanks Whipper, the impellor did the trick, runs much cooler now, replaced the gas, fuel filter, spark plugs and added some mercury injector cleaner, runs better now after only 20 minutes. still seems to idle rough in gear compared to the xs, time to start workingb on the setup now! vc
  8. V

I'm alive(graphic pic)

im feeling for you, ive put my family through that and worse twice and know what your going through, good luck on your recovery! if you ever want to talk about how you will likely feel in the future about going fast call me any time. vc
  9. V

need help bad

Thanks Jay, i feel alot better after our conversation, i fixed all of the lines so now just have to get to the bottom of the heating up when idling along problem, even though the impeller looks like new im going to replace and then check sender unit and gauge, i guess then ill move to the...
  10. V

need help bad

just bought the boat, 2000 promax 225, ran 130 degrees while moving then would go up to 160 plus when cruising, thought it was impeller but it looks like new, pulled cowl and found oil line off on the bottom left side of motor and alot of oil laying around in there, if you are looking at the...
  11. V

from ss2000 to xb 2003

well the first ride tonight didnt go as well as expected, i think i have some work ahead of me, the boat has some issues, its like a big slug compared to the ss, the motor runs real rough at anything under 1200 rpm and doesnt seem to have much power but does run smooth at higher rpms, the...
  12. V

from ss2000 to xb 2003

one thing i did notice was there is hardly any lip at all compared to my ss and it doesnt look like it was ever touched. the lip is almost non existant! i will measure tonight. its a 2002 model year. what do you reccomend for a prop for light load
  13. V

from ss2000 to xb 2003

Hi all, thanks to you guys i became addicted to allisons and have traded my ss2000 for an xb2003, its a little more family friendly. the ss had the 200xs and the xb has a 225 promax, is there anything i should check on this setup before i use it, apparently its only had a couple of tanks of...
  14. V

smart craft alarm?

Thanks guys, ill try all the above
  15. V

smart craft alarm?

When i go up on plane about mid way an alarm goes off and sometimes the motor goes into limp mode until shut off and re started, There is a small symbol on smartcraft gauge but i dont have a book to tell me what it means, The 200xs with short sportmaster case has original water pump and i notice...