Recent content by Tom M

1. T

13' critchfield

Correct you are, saw it being rigged. Gonna be a nice rig.
  2. T

13' critchfield

Saw a fresh un-rigged red one at Top Gun last week. You know where he is.
  3. T

245 Hi Perf Carbureted Powerhead

First I need a friendly quote on some glass work, then...
  4. T

245 Hi Perf Carbureted Powerhead

This is an extremely tempting upgrade from my 200 carb motor... Thinking...
  5. T

Wtb bucket seat cover

$250 direct from Allison, they make to order. Pays to buy from the source, it'll fit.
  6. T

WTB SS or GS

That the one in PA? Sorry, obviously it's not. Will contact him Thanks
  7. T

WTB SS or GS

Sold my Xr, nice boat but now I'm ready for something dual purpose. Willing to wait for an SS with slide steering or a GS rigged for Merc on single axle trailer. Doesn't have to be mint Does have to be un-molested and all there. Location is Toronto so the eastern half of this big continent is...
  8. T

Bass Racer

Thx for the text reply today, keep me in the loop. Tom
  9. T

Skid Planer on Xr

Anyone know If Allison will supply the 2 transom mounted brackets alone to provide for better mounting of a skid planer. My 8" just doesn't provide the room between the bolts and transom. Bumping up to a 10.5" as shown on Chris' boat seems the way to go. Will call Monday, just thought I'd ask...
  10. T

Skid Planer on Xr

Thanks for the detail shot Chris. Mounting with the support toward the rear makes sense. Mine is the 8" setback so I can't fit mine between the transom and the bolt clamp bracket, it'll have to go under or I eliminate the one piece clamp bracket all together. Adjusting height would be a PITA...
  11. T

Skid Planer on Xr

I notice on LakeAnna's GS that the vertical bracket is about an inch back from the transom .... Normal? Also the main mounting bolts will be closer together than I would like, 2 - 3" ... also normal? I realize some trimming of the plate a possibly brackets will be required and each...
  12. T

Skid Planer on Xr

Meant Erik
  13. T

Skid Planer on Xr

Will do, thank you Eric
  14. T

Skid Planer on Xr

Got a new Skid Planner from Allison for a 93 Xr2001. The instruction sheet which I suspect is generic specifies mounting it 3" up from the pad. Anyone have an opinion about whether it should be mounted at a different height?
  15. T

Racing In Canada

We had a real good weekend of racing here. Good weather (hot), lots of T Boats, good showing in Drags, Hydros of every description, a real fun event. Did my first race in my Xr, ran and finished without incident (a victory in itself), thoroughly enjoyed myself. T 850 final had 11 boats going...