Recent content by Tim Bostic

1. Tim Bostic

XTB years of build any wood?

My '87 XTB21 that we refurbished at the factory has a wooden transom. I think that's all that's wooden. I know the rest of the boat is core material since we had to replace a couple of spots on the bottom that had major impact damage! I believe they changed to NO wood about mid-88? The transom...
  2. Tim Bostic

Left hand rotation?

It seems this is just a direct result of "free market capitalism"..... supply & demand..... most people want right instead of left..... so people are willing to spend more for right's and you have to drop the price on left's so someone will buy them.
  3. Tim Bostic

Need XTB set up help

How do you want to run the boat? Loaded for fishing or more towards top end running? If you're looking for a good, safe setup..... then set back around 8",10" or so (I wouldn't go past 12") .... propshaft about 1/2" below the pad ...... a good 26 or 28 pitch prop...... either an overhub exhaust...
  4. Tim Bostic

Left hand rotation?

I don't think the left hand case is designed any differently than the right, so I don't believe it would make any difference in handling. I don't recall anyone running a lefty on an Allison? I think the "main" problem with left hand rotation is availability of good propellers?
  5. Tim Bostic

xr 2002 SPEED TODAY

The older offshores were good running props for top end...... problem with holeshot being slow & blades were very thin. They were designed for the in-line motors, not V6! It should give you some good top end numbers, especially when you change over to the other gear set! Too me, the 225PM...
  6. Tim Bostic

xr 2002 SPEED TODAY

Running a 28" Triton with 2:1 gears is like running a 26" with 1.87:1 gears....... Great acceleration but would run out of prop on top end..... That's why you can spin it more rpm & not gain any more speed. For some great top end numbers...... I'd run 1.87 gears & a 30 or 32 Hoss Triton...
  7. Tim Bostic

'88 XTB21 with 150 XR2 Merc

And finally, the trolling motor & dash:
  8. Tim Bostic

A couple more pics of the bottom:
  9. Tim Bostic

Here's some pics of the damage:
  10. Tim Bostic

Hey Everyone,- This is a follow -up to the thread I started last month about a local lady that called the shop wanting to sell her 1988 XTB21 with a 150Merc. The boat had been covered and garage kept most of it's life. Boat is blue and grey. Boat is located in Sapulpa, OK. Her husband passed...
  11. Tim Bostic

88 XTB21 with 150Merc

Hey Everyone, A local lady called the shop this morning wanting to sell her 1988 XTB21 with a 150Merc. The boat had been covered and garage kept most of it's life. Boat is blue and grey. She is having it detailed right now. Boat is located in Sapulpa, OK. I don't have any pics yet and have not...
  12. Tim Bostic

Allison xtb on the bassmaster classic

Well, my back is on the mends.... lost a full week of work. My questions is ....... Is it just me, or does stuff like that happen to others? And, why can't things just go smooth for once? Seems like "something" happens every time I make plans????
  13. Tim Bostic

That was a guy from Oklahoma City by the name of Mark Riojas. He was also a camera boat..... great guy & really enjoyed visiting & meeting him. He had a 1984 XTB21 and made it into a dual console with a huge deck up front and lots of storage. He did all the glass work by himself. It had to be...
  14. Tim Bostic

Yep, That was me. I was the camera boat for KVD for all three days. It was a great experience. I had MANY comments about the boat and how fast it ran. The 3 BASS Classic Officials that rode in the boat loved it!!! They were amazed how smooth it was in rough water and all three of them said that...
  15. Tim Bostic

Allisons are

Yeah, What everyone else said....... Once it "clicks" & you realize you don't really have to drive the boat, it becomes "natural". You get in the boat & zip it up to full throttle & don't even think about it anymore. What I have realized is that the "feel" becomes second nature & allows...