Recent content by The Whip

1. T

BasSportPro best speed?

I have hit 93 with two people loaded a few times. I might of had more left but never wanted to feel unsettled. At 90, I'm passing everyone anyways. Raced a 34 foot offshore boat on my way back in from Lake Ontario with 20lbs in my well. We were running 88-90 mph in 6"-12" chop for 15 minutes...
  2. T

ELITE series angler just went ELITE!

All the best Grant. Many people here on this site helped me dial my boat when I first got it. Manny Oliveira BasSport Pro 300 XS
  3. T

Opinions on a new jack plate XB21

For a few good points listed here, I think I'm going to stick with CMC. Those people at Allison must know something.
  4. T

Trailer locking up

Neal pretty much sumed it up. When you put the vehicle in reverse, do the reverse lights come on? How about the trailer reverse lights?
  5. T

Thanks Neil, as I seen your video on YouTube small incriments are very important. Oh by the way, great recovery. Manny BasSport Pro 300XS
  6. T

Thanks Craig, As you are very particular with your accesories, which jack plate would you go with. CMC or Bob's Manny BasSport Pro 300XS PS when are you finally coming over to my house so I can take you smallie fishing on Lake Simcoe
  7. T

I thought my jack plate was fine until further inspection. Once I removed one of the roller bolts, I noticed a few worn out part. They can be replaced, but the aluminum housing that the roller rides on has been hammered badly. That could be from the great lakes. To bad the CMC is not built as...
  8. T

I would be looking for a hydraulic. Manny BasSport Pro 300XS
  9. T

Hi guys, I have an XB21 BasSport Pro 300XS with the factory installed CMC jack plate. I need to replace the jack plate and was wondering if XB21 owners found a better plate than the CMC. Please any info and knowledge would be appreciated. Manny BasSport Pro 300XS
  10. T

age of allison owners

42 years old. BasSport Pro 300XS
  11. T

Bigger fuel tank in XB21????

Over 200 miles. I find myself handicapped looking for gas on the Great Lakes.
  12. T

I could call Darris, but he would just talk me out of it. A bigger tank would be so much easier and safer then adding a aux. tank and electric pump and shut off values. I'm a big fan of simple solutions. I will have to figure this out next year on a new boat. Having to stop for fuel in a tourny...
  13. T

That's a good option Neal, wonder if anyone has tried it.
  14. T

Has anyone ever heard of an XB21 with a bigger than stock (33 gallon) fuel tank. 10 or 15 gallons more would really help on the long runs. Manny BasSport Pro 300XS
  15. T

Big Fish Pics In Your Allison

Thanks for posting Craig, The first smallie was 7.8lb on Lake Ontario along the Canada-US water during a tourny in Aug. Would have been close to 8.8lb in November. The second is my son on Lake Simcoe in July. Typical 5-6lbers. The third was last fall on Lake Erie (Nov 2011) best 5 close...