Recent content by Steve B

1. Steve B

XB 2003 for sale

Yes it is , I will call you soon.
  2. Steve B

XB 2003 for sale

2001 XB2003 in immaculate original condition, like new! Repowered in 2021 with NEW 2020 YAMAHA SHO 200 New Yamaha controls and Gauges New Sea Star hydraulic steering. New Lowrance electronics. New Motor guide XI5 with spot lock New battery charger 3 bank 30 amp New live well , bilge pumps and...
  3. Steve B

XB2003

Perfect original condition 2001 XB2003, won't find a nicer one. Everything new this year- like a brand new boat. New Yamaha 200 SHO+ with solid motor mounts - 20 hours. New Sea Star hydraulic steering New Motor guide XI5 GPS - anchor lock & Numa connected to electronics New 2 x Lowrance HDS...
  4. Steve B

XB2003 with Yamaha SHO

Finally have had some seat time in my new to me XB2003 with a brand new 200 SHO :cool:. Certainly has taken some getting used to but now have mastered 50 -60 MPH drives like it is on a rail , smooth and responsive. Torque from the Yamaha is amazing hole shot and pull too when ever I let off...
  5. Steve B

Battery placement

My XB2003 had all the live well and trolling motor equipment removed. About to reinstall the trolling motor two battery's , should they be installed in the fuel tank area or the left and right storage areas? I also have a Yamaha SHO that weights more , is the a chance I need to move the...
  6. Steve B

My newb ass in the XB03 trying to run with the faster guys.

Thanks for the tips. Were else can you have this much fun trying to go fast without worrying about getting a speeding ticket.
  7. Steve B

My newb ass in the XB03 trying to run with the faster guys.

I am also learning to drive my XB2003. Tuned SHO - Crazy acceleration 26P Hoss. Very stabile up to the mid sixty's - best so far is 78 MPH with lots to go. Seems like the nose is very positive , buy if I trim up she really starts to chime. Find if I keep trim down a little until 70 then tap it...
  8. Steve B

Live-well plumbing

No pictures yet. Please send what you have.
  9. Steve B

Allison skid planer is magical with 115hp

Thanks for the pictures. Definitely going to mount my transponders on the planner board.
  10. Steve B

Allison skid planer is magical with 115hp

I never thought of mounting the transducer on the skid planner. I recently bought a 2001 XB2003 and am going to install new electronics on the boat soon. This is way better than drilling holes in the hull, my boat is like new and I would hate to drill holes in her. Please send me a picture on...
  11. Steve B

Where are we guys?

The new 4 stroke motors are not that much more in weight, less that one extra person easily! As much as I want to go fast , big torque up to 80 -90 might be more fun. There is no replacement for cubic inch displacement
  12. Steve B

Where are we guys?

If your going to scrap your Allison please let me know:). I have a new SHO Yamaha on my 2001 XB2003 , purchased from a reliable Allison member that has put these motors on a few boats. 505 pounds ,reliable, fuel efficient ,and big power and not a ticking time bomb apparently! This is all new...
  13. Steve B

Yamaha 4 stroke

Yes I have heard that this motor can be safely chipped to 300+HP. Apparently the gearcase is good to go, and comes with the low water pickup stock.
  14. Steve B

Yamaha 4 stroke

My XB2003 came with a new Yamaha SHO 200. I have not had a chance to drive it much only enough to break in the motor. Does anyone else have this motor on their Allison? My initial setup is a 26P Hoss , any feedback would be helpful.