Recent content by Rled

1. R

Looking to be a first time Allison owner.

I I'm in East TN about 30 miles south of Knoxville. I am usually on Tellico or Loudon. I haven't had much time this year to go the lake.
  2. R

Looking to be a first time Allison owner.

Welcome to the forum. I am also a first time Allison owner and after a couple of years I still haven't mastered driving my XB2003. I can't seem to break the 70 mph barrier without getting squirrelly.
  3. R

Saw an xtb on Loudon lake.

When I bought my xb03 last year I figured there would be a lot of Allison boats on the east TN lakes. I see mostly big corporate boats. It's ok though, love the style and speed of my XB2003. I also love that the factory is 20 minutes from me.
  4. R

Engine temps with stock promax

I've read probably one hundred pages on scream and fly and other sites relating to mercury cooling. It all seems to boil down to , Mercury already figured it out. I've worked on car engines all my life but never pulled the power head off of an outboard . I may try to find a Mercury mechanic to...
  5. R

I have a 225 promax that was originally a 260. The previous owner blew up the 260 and dropped the 225 on the 1 piece exhaust adapter plate. It was still setup like the 260 with no thermostats and with washers instead. It runs 140-150 cruising, but as soon as you drop back to idle, it drops to100...
  6. R

You guys who are running 225 promax motors with stock cooling , with thermostats and poppit, what are your temps idling in say ,75 degree water?
  7. R

Saw an xtb on Loudon lake.

I was down at Fort Loudon lake a few days ago and saw a grey and white XTB. That's only the third Allison I've seen this season. When I got my XB a year ago, I figured there would be lots of Allisons , or maybe I'm just at the lake at the wrong times.
  8. R

New Allison XTB 21 owner

Great boat. You will love it. I almost bought a nice xtb, but ended up getting a xb2003. I went to the lake yesterday , fishing and riding. It was great passing other boats at 60 mph on the choppy water. Allison's take rough water extremely well.
  9. R

Mounting the transducer on skid planer.

Thanks, I think I will fabricate a bracket with slotted mounting holes , for adjustment.
  10. R

Mounting the transducer on skid planer.

I'm interested also about that. Anyone have a photo of the jackplate mounting?
  11. R

Warning module.

What's involved in adding a head over temp warning module on a promax 225? I recently purchased an xb2003 . I discovered that there is no warning module . It has the oil injection delete. The only temperature monitoring is a sensor on the top of the starboard head. One tan colored wire goes to...
  12. R

Downloaded service manuals, good or not so good??

I'm thinking of downloading a service/ repair manual. I would love hear from folks who have them .
  13. R

Offshore midsection?

Are their any advantages of an offshore vs stock mid?