Recent content by nort

1. N

How wide is an SS or GS trailer

Depends on the trailer. Most full size trailers will be around 98”. My SS sits on an aluminum I beam trailer that is just over 100” If you’re trying to shoe horn more stuff in the garage for the winter you could loose the trailer and put your boat on a dolly....or get bunk beds
  2. N

XR 2002 Deck Removal

Anybody ever taken the deck off an XR02? I’m In the process of doing a restoration on my 86 XR02. Transom, knees, stringers etc all seem to be in excellent condition. I have yet to find anything questionable. There have been a handful of items attached to the floor over the years and the screw...
  3. N

2002 ss2000

Come down to the drag races in Gravenhurst in early August. There’s more then a few of us running Allies in different classes. I’ve got a couple props you could try.
  4. N

1987 XB2002 Bassracer owner

So Gary........ You still thinkin ‘bout selling? When you do......call me!
  5. N

2001 xb2002 tournament edition hull and trailer

Rick, you’re such a tease!!
  6. N

Looking for info on the Allison 15R

Lots of options....... 49/56 OMC or V4 Yammie 3 cylinder or V4 Merc 650xs / 850xs or tower. Whatcha feel like?
  7. N

Looking for info on the Allison 15R

Currently putting one together with jr. Rigging it with an Erude 75 Hustler......figure it’s a good starting point before he gets his hands on my 02. Mike Winstone (aka Talonkid) rigged his with a lightweight 12” 2.5 Merc.....best top end passes we’re around 105mph if I recall.
  8. N

Saw the Larry Register Ally on C/L

How far are you off I-75
  9. N

Trailer guys - how do you use your boats?

Launch boat Start boat Drive boat Park boat Repeat as required until stress levels have decreased or until sufficient hipster D bags on paddle boards have flipped me off. Most of my neighbours feel the same way about the hipster D bags so it’s kinda like public service when I take out all the...
  10. N

To all my brothers from another mother

All the best for the new year from your friends to the north...... Tired of winter already.......-33* last night......made for a chilly trip home across the lake. :-0
  11. N

Fuel odor in garage

Smoked cheddar actually.....it's delightfully earthy...../;-) Yes.....I realise some of you boat year round...... I do the best I can......last boat came out last weekend, ice was over 1" thick......6" now! It'll go back in the day the ice clears my ramp......I'll bust up whatever is left!!
  12. N

Fuel odor in garage

Toss a can of Sea Foam (or isopropyl) in the tank after you drain it. We get some pretty goofy temp / humidity extremes up here to.......ours just usually involve more sub zero / snow days!! /:-(
  13. N

R15 project

Contact Bill @ Allison. Tell him what you need. The parts used in the XR01 will work fine. You may need a longer steering shaft and the forward bearing carrier will likely need to be modified (or you could fabricate your own) to fit the 15R.
  14. N

Fuel odor in garage

Holy Crap on a Cracker!! Keep it simple guys...... DRAIN THE TANK!! I drain all my tanks....... Boats, sleds, power equipment...... Takes a few minutes and it's done.... No issues, no odour, no auxiliary venting or fans or.......