2. L

I guess this makes it official

Wonderful. A 200XS ROS would be great if you can find one
  3. L

1980 225 mercury

It’s old, but I guess if it had good leak down numbers it could be OK
  4. L

Prop Suggestion - Grand Sport w/ 2005 2.5L XS

If Hydromotive can't help, I would try another Trophy. For the money, it's hard to beat a used Trophy. There are better ski props and better top end props, but to bolt on and do anything, pretty good props. A 26 should get you into low 80s.
  5. L

XB2003 Latch Strike Plate

Buy from Allison directly?
  6. L

XR2001 questions

The guy on SnF has owned both an SS2000 and the drag that is for sale. You could ask him to compare the two. My expectation is that the greater weight would make the SS2000 less quick but better in chop. But I have never been in an XR2001. You could get the owner to take the boat to the...
  7. L

Newbie questions about a Allison boat

Could be a Jack Barsh (sp?) boat. Full Throttle Powerboats makes at least one of the smaller Ally’s. What is the HIN? It will show the manufacturer to someone who knows the codes
  8. L

XTB21 with Yamaha 175 Vmax SHO

Very cool boat. Over here it’s simple enough to buy a used prop to try it and then sell it if it’s not great. Shipping would be too expensive in your case. You could call Hydromotive and order a prop. They run Allison’s themselves. Same for Hoss. I have a couple of Hydromotive props and a...
  9. L

Anyone want a NEW Propeller

$2K and no pitch options. But they seem to work well submerged from the tests that I have seen.
  10. L

Grandsport engine options

I think the 200XS would be perfect and I saw one for sale on Tuesday at Top Gun Marine in Ontario. He has it for sale on the Allison stuff for sale site on Facebook, My SS2000 has a 200XS and it works fine with 4 men in the boat.
  11. L

WANTED: Grandsport or XR2001

There is an SS2000 for sale on SnF and Facebook. An SS2000 sort of splits the difference between a Grandsport and an XR2001
  12. L

Looking to be a first time Allison owner.

You should have kept the 16 Tuff for him to learn on:) Any of the 20' Allisons would be a lot of fun. You can look on Scream and Fly and on Facebook (Allison Ultra High Performance and Allison Boats Buy Sell Trade) for boats for sale. I don't see a need to limit the 'starter' boat to 150...
  13. L

Newbie on the hunt

I was thinking of recommending the XB2003. It's the same hull as the Grandsport, but in many ways more practical as a family boat. I think the back seat is 1" narrower on the bassboat, if that matters. When I am 80 I expect walking onto the deck from the dock would seem pretty great. A...
  14. L

Newbie on the hunt

You are more likely to find a GS for sale on the Facebook Allison site or on Scream and Fly. There are some in Ontario, but if you are willing to go to the US, there will be more options.
  15. L

Greetings.

I spent a few years chasing 90 with a lightly modified 150 on an SS2000. It’s more fun with a bigger motor and better acceleration. The current motor is a 200XS. My brother has a Grandsport that runs 72 on the rev limiter. He has little interest in re propping. He can pull a slalom skier...