Recent content by landar

1. L

sportmaster case...

Mercury just replaced my worked sportmaster with a brand new one and I can't tell a bit of difference. If anything, the new one is better.
  2. L

Bravo 1 XS bit the dust

About even with the pad most of the time. My boat actually ran 90 mph with this prop today. My boat has never ran that fast before. Needless to say, I like it! Thats pretty good for nearly full gas, water in the livewell, and 540 pounds of fishermen.
  3. L

Bravo 1 XS bit the dust

Glenn Reynolds replaced it for me today. I went with a 28 since I could turn the 27 well over 6000 rpms. Glen is a first class guy to do business with. The prop was actually about six months old and probably had 30-50 hours on it. I will get a hydromotive if I can ever get some money saved up. I...
  4. L

Bravo 1 XS bit the dust

I always check my prop before each outing since I've broke a bunch. I noticed yesterday that my 4 month old Bravo 1 XS had and big crack about 1" long in the trailing edge of one of the blades. I guess 4 months is a good run for a Merc prop. Too bad because I like the prop...
  5. L

Lastest news on the new Grand Sport

Is it a fishing boat like the XB-21 Pro?
  6. L

XB21 Setup question.

They are slower.
  7. L

XB21 Setup question.

No way you can turn a 29 with a 250 xs and 1.62 gears. 27 Bravo 1 XS or maybe a 28 if you are really light or in cool weather. 26" if you run a txp, trophy, or pro et. Motor height even to 1/2" above is fine.
  8. L

Hotfoot Adjustment

I found the same thing on my 21 last week. I have easily picked up 3-400 rpms. Finally happy with my 250XS now...
  9. L

Bravo 1 XS new prop by mercury

The 27" bravo xs is an awesome prop. Best all around prop I have ran on my XB-21 250XS.
  10. L

Bravo 1 XS new prop by mercury

I'll be interested to see what this miracle prop is. I believe the right prop for a 21 would be a Pro et on a trophy style hub. I'm no prop expert though and I like the Bravo 1 XS I'm currently running.
  11. L

Allison cut Trophy Vs Stock Pictures

I ran mine this morning. Tim and Billy thought they would need to add a little cup to it to make it right but it was pretty good. It came out good and shot up to 85 mph with decent lift and 6130 rpms. I will let you guys know how it does after they put a little cup back in it. I think it will be...
  12. L

Allison cut Trophy Vs Stock Pictures

I have a TXP OT4 down at Performance Props being Ally cut right now. Hope to be able to run it this weekend.
  13. L

Anyone ever tried a Merc Pro ET....

Cup in the trailing edges adds stern lift. On the tip adds bow lift.
  14. L

Anyone ever tried a Merc Pro ET....

By the way, the pro et's are great props when they are in one piece. Probably my favorite prop except I can't get ou of the hole with it. I think Performance Propellers has a close alternative now. Just make sure you explain to Billy that you don't want any stern lift.