Recent content by Jr in Jax

1. Jr in Jax

Late to the party as usual ............... but at least I made it

I too reflect your feelings of alienation as an old guy who has owned a GSE since I had it built for me in 1998. I have not been on this board for a while due to/liver failure/transplant and losing my wife to dementia. I still put about 20 hours a month on my Grandsport. I am a lot of the reason...
  2. Jr in Jax

Driving tips

You would love north/central Florida, the Saint Marys, [40 miles] Suwannee [90 miles to Gulf] and the Saint Johns from Palatka to Silver Glenn Springs [48 miles one way]. When it gets really rough, I drop to about 19 MPM and max down trim [I have the Allison plate to keep me on plane].
  3. Jr in Jax

2008 Allison Grand Sport Elite SOLD

Maybe we can meet up and run together since you know the rivers up there. We were going to spend time this Summer going between countries in Europe//Iceland, but there is no way I am going to get on planes/trains/busses/cruise boats with a possible Corona [Covid19] Virus carrier. We are going to...
  4. Jr in Jax

2008 Allison Grand Sport Elite SOLD

What did you replace it with?
  5. Jr in Jax

300R XB2003

I use just the 6" of offset in with my hydraulic jackplate. The Hydraulic plate with greatly cut your setup time. I am using a 32" PP Drag 5 but would probably be faster with the larger diameter promax. There is a guy here with a Bullet/300R that runs 111 GPS plus with a Merc CNC 5 blade. This...
  6. Jr in Jax

23' Grandsport

I get a half dozen people a year telling me they would like to buy a Gransport, I'm sure that would double if I had a '23 to show them.
  7. Jr in Jax

Dodge outsells Chevy for 2019

Toyota seems to be selling a whole lot of the Tacomas right now. I went to an Open house/Plant tour of the huge/beautiful/spotless Toyota Westlake facility here and they were processing all the Tacomas they could do. The Tundras just need to be updated and get better gas mileage.
  8. Jr in Jax

New member in Orlando

That is my toy and I remember meeting you at the Glenn that day. You may want to call Jack Barsh at Full Throttle Powerboats and ask him to keep an eye out for a Grandsport for you. He sees probably a dozen Allisons per month in for cosmetic repairs [mine will be there next week] and he is...
  9. Jr in Jax

New member in Orlando

10. Jr in Jax

Just checking in

Maybe you can go over and help Darius finish the 24' Gransport. BTW, have you seen Lou lately?
  11. Jr in Jax

Palatka/River Ranch 2020

I am not planning on River Ranch but I am planning on spending this Friday and Saturday at Silver Glenn if the weather is good. I hope to spend the night in Palatka.
  12. Jr in Jax

Newbie who WTB '90s-mid2000s GSE

I hope you can find your toy, since they are rare. Just about everywhere I go, many want to know everything about mine and then many want me to sell mine to them. You will enjoy it once you get enough seat-time to get proficient. I just replaced the front seat covers [from Allison] due to...
  13. Jr in Jax

Fuel economy

I have both a FloScan meter plus the Mercury Smart monitor and high manifold pressure/low RPM makes 1 MPG difference in fuel burn. The N.A. four strokes [like aircraft powerplants] get much better economy with high manifold pressures.