Recent content by Johns04Hoe

1. J

1995 Allison XB2003 $10k obo motivated to sell

hull is freshly waxed and smooth as glass. these are by far the worst scratches on the boat. boat looks close to new. I need to run a lint roller over the carpet as apparently there are some cat hairs that i can hand pick but vacuum is ignoring.
  2. J

I tried to find every nick on the trailer as well as the scratch on the drivers side in the blue near the throttle, and the scratches or chips in the gold pin striping on the front left of the boat. boat also includes 3 bumpers with robes. oar. all odds and ends boat related minus my...
  3. J

Just got the boat back from the mechanic today. He said the reason for number 6 cylinder got stuck was due to poor fuel and lack of use for 8 months or so. Block was inspected and is ok. Pro Max has new impeller and lower unit fluid was changed.
  4. J

1995 XB2003 with 1995 150 Pro Max $14,000 obo

I bought this boat 3 years ago and have unfortunately put it to little use. The lakes around my area prevent me from driving it like it supposed to be driven most of the time. I used it for fishing. Catch and release, didn't use the live well, although it does work. The boat runs great, no...
  5. J

Some restored ALLY GT-20 Eye Candy..........

is that GA? i see the registration is GA. if so what part?
  6. J

thanks for the tip on K&J, really good people!

thanks for the tip on K&J, really good people!
  7. J

Need good honest Merc Mechanic near....

how did you get it back into gear? or did it just start catching in gear after you drained the lower unit and refilled? sounds quite similar, just wondering more details.
  8. J

Need good honest Merc Mechanic near....

I need a good and honest Merc Mechanic near north east Atlanta, lake lanier, ect. please help. it's for a 1995 150 Pro Max today while running and working on the setup a during a mild drive at 5k rpm the motor just kicked into what seemed nuetral. then the throttle would not get the...
  9. J

WTB: Sea Star Hydraulic Steering System

any site vendor's? who should i contact? i've found a new kit (Teleflex HK7400 Seastar Pro Kit) for $822.49 shipped to my door, without hoses. includes: 5770 helm 5345 cylinder 2 qts. of their oil. is this a good price? any place i should look in particular? i don't for...
  10. J

New to Ally's What Kind of speed should I be seeing out of xb2003?

i don't know if a new one was ever installed, just seems like something that i haven't checked, that could very easily be the problem. if i'm not getting to WOT, it would make a lot more sense. how can i check this? get someone to mash the pedal and see if i can move the throttle arm any...
  11. J

test run, boat came out of the hole quicker, and spun up to 6100rpm @ WOT, but still only 59.8 mph. seems like it just won't get all the way up on pad. could it be short a few cylinders (4) and still run like this? i tried disconnecting the plug wires one at a time to see if it were firing on...
  12. J

Propshaft is 1.5" below the pad. could that 1" mean that much speed and that short of the desired WOT RPM? I'm going to raise the engine to .5". will be getting new plugs tonight. took the prop off and haven't quite figured out the what keeps that nut on. what should i torque the prop...