Recent content by Jim45498

1. J

Cover issues on XB2003

Why would you take your troll motor off everytime just to make the tarp fit?? Have Bill redo the tarp so it will fit your boat. Remember, you are the one paying out the big bucks for something that should fit. There seems to be other issues besides the troll motor
  2. J

Trailer parts steping area

I saw the rubber padding strips in the boat area at Wal Mart
  3. J

set back

Thanks K..I will raise it to 1" below and try that. It has had a 3 blade Raker on it since it was new in 97. Maybe I should try a 4 blade. With the Raker it has an instant hole shot. Have never opened it up in all the years I have owned it. Maybe someday I wll try it. But I am more interested...
  4. J

set back

on the allison jackplate....there is an extension with a set of 3 holes from top to bottom. The motor is set in the last set of holes. That makes it about 14in. back. Is this best for a Johnson 150 with lw pickup? Not interested in speed, just good handling boat is all I need. prop shaft...
  5. J

Allison red book

xb03sf....thank you very very much
  6. J

Allison red book

add me to the list Jim45498@hotmail.com
  7. J

soccer balls??

Try it sometime with a partner in the rear fishing seat.
  8. J

soccer balls??

The more I think about this.....why would Allison build a boat that you can't stand on the back of without sinking it? I weigh 185# and should be able to stand anywhere without water coming in. This just doesn't sound reasonable. I have owned this boat since 1997 and that is the only problem...
  9. J

soccer balls??

I have an XB2003 with 150 Johnson 14" jackplate. when I stand on the very back with one foot on jackplate (to take a leak.. lol) water will come in the hole where the steering cable comes out. This is not good. What will give me more flotation?
  10. J

Buckshot covers from Allison!

Who ever heard of buying a boat and then having to buy shot bags full of shot to balance it, a good 12ga. will take care of the problem. It will then have a permanent balance to it. :argue
  11. J

transducer placement

On a XB2003, where is the best place on the transon to put the 2d transducer? Inside does not do the job.
  12. J

Transom angle?

Try using a plum-bob from the top of transom to bottom of pad
  13. J

Lastest news on the new Grand Sport

Is it going to be a bass boat? :gasp:big grin
  14. J

what a great video and song!!

I'm glad my Allison has a Johnson. It feels sooooo good when I accelerate it and she gets a tighter grip.
  15. J

Tougher than an Allison?

Now, that's tough!!:smile