Recent content by Jim Bob

1. J

WTB 15' or 16' Allison

Are you still looking for a 16' Allison. I have a friend in Tn. selling his 16R. I believe it's a 1977, but not sure. It's in excellent condition, has an inline 150 Merc, and nice clean trailer.
  2. J

sei lower units

I've installed several SEI outdrives to replace "stock" Alpha drives. Three had great luck, one has had shifting issues & vibration issues and shipped back 3 times. Still not really right. Suicidealli is correct, cast in China, assem in Flordia. I wouldn't use one on a performance application...
  3. J

Looking for an inexpensive 90-150

I have a 1975 Johnson 135hp with 3 lower units (1 good, 2 for parts), no trim. Engine ran great last time I ran it which was about 5-6 years ago. I'd like to get $600 out of it.
  4. J

67 14ft Ally

Call the factory and ask for Darris, He built many of the 13' & 14' Allys in that timeframe. He'll know everything you want to know & more. Great guy & resource.
  5. J

Does anyone know what this is?

Red is correct, the first 2 numbers are the year, the next 2 are size, and last 2 are the production number for that model. I have a 691804 and a 701423. Not positive on my 14 since the name plate is missing. need to check title to confirm the "23". I've ask in an earlier post if anyone knows...
  6. J

WTB 2 Allison seats

Looking for 2 Allison Bucket seats. Prefer white or red.
  7. J

14R restoration

Michael, Do you have the factory Hull ID plate that mounts to the front of the splash well? I'm trying to find where to get one or a replica for mine. Any ideas where to look would be appreciated.
  8. J

Hi Todd, I'm looking for some advice on props and set up for my 70hp Johnson (20") on a 14'...

Hi Todd, I'm looking for some advice on props and set up for my 70hp Johnson (20") on a 14' Allison. Any advice would be appreciated. Seems almost impossible to find props for it! Thanks, Jim Bob
  9. J

18 R Allison??

Hey Red, I also have a 18R out back. Mine's a 1969 and the transom was partially sawzall'd out by the previous owner. Needs a total restore, but it's not so bad that it's not worth it. Got a friend with a real nice 1969 18R. I believe his is an unmolested/ original hull. I just finished my...
  10. J

Will the shifter from an I/O work with an outboard?

Since your old shifter doesn't have the key built in, the push to choke would not be , affected. I just installed an old OMC I/O shifter on my Johnson 70hp 14' Allison. I had no problems. The only thing you might have a slight issue with is getting universal cables to fit the Merc control and...
  11. J

Old Allison HIN plate

Anyboby know where I might get a Hull ID plate for a 1970 Allison? It mounts on the front of the splashwell, has 6 digit HIN and the HP section was usually left blank. Thanks.
  12. J

14R restoration

Michael, I'm currently restoring a 14' Allison. What type/brand of paint did you use? What HP is that motor and any setback? How about engine height? I'm looking for starting points on mine. I have a 70hp Johnson on a 4" setback. Hasn't been in the water since retore project started 2-3 years ago.
  13. J

1971 Allison R-15

Adam, I'm interested if it's still available. Please send pics to jimbobs@fuse.net Thanks.