Recent content by fatfred69

1. F

latest trip to the allison factory

It's really a great treat to read these post with the well deserved praise for the Allison family! Those of us that are long time Allison owners/drivers know exactly what the term 'family' means! Others will learn in time! After nearly thirty years of experience with these folks, it is truly...
  2. F

Rob; Thanks for the info! Interesting thought! Fred

Rob; Thanks for the info! Interesting thought! Fred
  3. F

poll:top speed without a lifejacket

Jacket and (anti-kill) switch both on and connected, when big engine is on! AS other's have stated....have seen some ugly results at VERY low speeds! Not always caused by the person with the jacket on! Stay Safe, and drive an allie!
  4. F

Pad 'Lip' Question!

Has Darris removed the 'lip' on the pad on the 08's and 09' 21ft'ers? I have heard from a little birdie, that he has flattened the pad at the transon end! True or false? fatfred69
  5. F

2nd annual Allison Owners Fork trip 2009

Texan; Count fatfred69 and deputymom in on this years 'fork' extravaganza! But we'll need some details so we don't leave the Texas Hill Country a day late and $$'s short! I can be reached @ fredn@myway.com, or here or....... Thanks Fred
  6. F

You will never again see a deal like this on an 08!

Hi Rob; Sorry this is a bit late, and hopefully you will be able to read this and more while 'in-country'. and from a former Capt. in the 'other war' just know that we all will be keeping you and your family in our hearts and prayers. I know you already know this but I'll say it...
  7. F

xtb 21 setup and hull weight

Thanks All! You all have hit on what I was thinking! Have ran Allies for a long time, various hulls, but this is my first XTB21. Have NEVER driven one of Darris's hulls that I couldn't lift some! This Hill prop is certainly not one of the 'good' ones! lol....... Have any of you tried one...
  8. F

xtb 21 setup and hull weight

I have a similar question , same model boat, but also new to me! Also an Ally owner for over 30! First XTB21. I have a Mariner 200, with a 'Bills' LWP and a Ron Hill (?)OH 14 X 25 prop, with NO CUP!?? Prop shaft is dead even centerline with hull bottom. Hole shot is good, but I blow real bad if...
  9. F

XTB and ET

Hi all! Good to see the talk on props for the 21's! I have recently became the proud owner of a 'like new!' 1992 XTB21 with a Mariner 200 Carb. Engine, proped with a Ron Hill 14 X 25 OTH. Don't have much seat time with this Allie yet, but would like some input from those of you that...