Recent content by David B

1. D

Mercury 2.5 race

A guy at my buddies boat shop has one that he might sell. It has 30 hours on fresh rebuild. Real clean. I thought you could not use a non ratcheting gear case. Or I would have to change it?
  2. D

Mercury 2.5 race

I think the crank is splined for 3 liter. Don't matter anyway it's a non ratcheting gear case.
  3. D

Mercury 2.5 race

I have been looking a motor weights and from what I see its only 40 pounds heavier than a 280 with a 20 inch offshore. I was hoping to hear if someone has tried this set up. Its not the 200xs its the 2.5 xs race with 3.0 mid and 3.0 sportsmaster 450# .For a xb 2002 thanks
  4. D

Mercury 2.5 race

Yes its a 2.5 xs
  5. D

Mercury 2.5 race

Do u think this would work on a xb2002
  6. D

Mercury 2.5 race

Does anyone know much about these motors. It came factory with a 3.0 liter mid and lower unit. What is the hp and max rpm and what do they weight. Would this work on a xb2002
  7. D

Xb 2002 battery boxes

I want to put a larger fuel tank. Mine only holds 20 gallons. We do a lot of running and I will not refuel on the river and I hate to carry fuel cans
  8. D

What micron filter

I just installed a Weldon pump. On Weldon web site they recommend there 100 micron before pump and there 10 micron after pump
  9. D

What micron filter

Sounds good. Right now my set up is between tank and pump is a water Sep with 25 micron and between water Sep and injectors is a 13 micron filter. Have not ran motor yet. Is this ok
  10. D

Xb 2002 battery boxes

That's a good idea. Thanks. I keep thinking back years ago when my brother screwed through the bottom of his vector
  11. D

What micron filter

That's what I thought. 100 microns let's more particles through. I was told to put 100 micron between tank and pump and 10 micron between pump and injectors
  12. D

What micron filter

Scj how u been buddy
  13. D

What micron filter

It's da 260
  14. D

What micron filter

If I go with a 100 micron before I will have to loose my water Sep filter. Is this ok
  15. D

What micron filter

Ok thanks