2. CommonArcWelder

Wanted: Solid Mounts for OMC

Hey Rick. PM sent. Thanks!
  3. CommonArcWelder

97' Mariner 75 Fire Issue

It doesnt have one. That woulda' been easy. LOL!! :surprised
  4. CommonArcWelder

97' Mariner 75 Fire Issue

Hey guys. Got a problem. I have a 1997 Mariner 75 that sat up for 3 years. Last October I Flushed the entire fuel system and rebuilt the carburetors. Also I replaced the rectifier. It ran great. Well it has been sitting since October; I pulled it out Sat. morning and hooked the hose to it and it...
  5. CommonArcWelder

Lucas Oil and Drag Boat Racing!

I run Lucas 2 stroke oil in my drag bike now. Switched over to Lucas after Klotz got so expensive. Seems ok so far.:razz
  6. CommonArcWelder

Was really looking for the old Land n'Sea mounts. I had a set several years ago and sold the motor and the mounts. Now I'm kicking myself in the ***!!! LOL
  7. CommonArcWelder

Hey feller's. Looking for some solid mounts for a 96' 225 Evinrude. Thanks, Keith
  8. CommonArcWelder

hunting story

Damn, I wish I had a buddy that worked for Miller Lite!!!!
  9. CommonArcWelder

Lake concordia food.

Don't think i'm gonna be able to make it now. Still havent gotten gearcase together due to no free time. Crossing my fingers......
  10. CommonArcWelder

Concordia La. 11/6 thru 11/9

Well, I gots all my ducks in a row the last couple days. Gonna mow my yard in the morning and then I'll start on the lower unit...... I really hate having to put another Bob's case on the Ally......It'll work though til' I get the new case done.:very happy
  11. CommonArcWelder

I have another lower unit case from Bob's that i bought used. May put my internals out of the new one in it. Hmmmm.............
  12. CommonArcWelder

Fully Welded Nosecone? Best torque tab?

Weld an inch on top, weld an inch on bottom. Drink one beer. Weld an inch on the side, flip, weld an inch on the other side. Drink two beers or so (however many it takes to cool to ambient temperature). And so on. This will keep the aluminum cool enough so it's not as apt to warp or crack...
  13. CommonArcWelder

Sounds like an excellent reason to drink beer.....Hell, I don't need a reason. :beer:
  14. CommonArcWelder

Fully Welded Nosecone? Best torque tab?

Thanks guys. I will call JC. The trick to keeping the case from warping (and eventually cracking) is to keep the temps down. Interpass temp. on 6063 aluminum is 385 I think; I'll have to look it up. I'll call him. Maybe he'll sell me the nosecone? and I can do it myself.....
  15. CommonArcWelder

I would be in for it as long as I can get a lower unit together in time.:banghead