Recent content by Bernie

1. B

1968 Allison craft

Well you have a worthy project. You need to get the deck off to put a transom in so you need to decide whether to remove the whole deck or just the back section. Once you get that done, you need to get the rot out. That is a long itchy process. The stringers and core are bound to be at least...
  2. B

R15 project

Start and choke. The kill switch is on and off, no ignition key.
  3. B

R15 project

Robert Cross, Thanks! That is a cool old pic. I was doing the same thing back then. We mowed lawns to feed the ski boat. Ours was a Glastron GT 160 with V4 Evinrude power. What boat is that?
  4. B

R15 project

Finally finished the steering, it's done. Water testing and a few trailer details next.
  5. B

R15 project

Getting some stuff done, slow but sure. Just waiting on steering components.
  6. B

More progress on the GT20

Man thats nice!
  7. B

R15 project

Rigging....sure feels nice to finally have this boat and mota married up!
  8. B

R15 project

It's just got the little 165 hp mota, but that old inline pulls like a mule and it will run all weekend on 12 gallons of regular...
  9. B

R15 project

Yes, that is my Hydrodyne 18 Tournament Skier in the background, another bucket list boat that I rebuilt 4-5 years ago. It was much rougher than the Ally when I bought it for $175....
  10. B

R15 project

Got tired of masking and spraying so no splatterpaint, I painted the interior white with the leftover polyurethane from the hull. Rigging as $$$ allow...
  11. B

R15 project

Paint is DONE! Not too bad for amateur work. Need to build a mount for the foot throttle then paint the floor. (with a roller and spatter paint)
  12. B

R15 project

Got the boat back on the trailer and the white part of the deck repainted. In the process of masking the red to try and save it, the tape pulled off a lot of the clearcoat. The base is so thin I sanded through it trying to feather the clear. I'm sure there are people who have used base clear...
  13. B

R15 project

Getting close to flipping it again. two coats of Interlux Primecoat epoxy and three of Blue Water 2 part polyurethane. I'll give it a week to cure, then polish and flip it back on the trailer.
  14. B

R15 project

Got it flipped, bottom isn't too bad. The pad is only flat for a few inches forward, then begins to take a gradual V shape as it goes toward the bow. Is this normal for a 1969 R15?
  15. B

More progress on the GT20

That is beautiful!.