Recent content by allisonpilot

1. A

Xtb transom bolts

Yes, you have to remove the gas tank.
  2. A

Lazer II

The best I can remember with 5-1/2" setback the Propshaft had to be 1" or below the pad to function. It has been 14 years since I ran the prop. The Lazer II I have is a large hub 27". I did send it to JC and he did improve it tremendously but, my boat likes large diameter props.
  3. A

Lazer II

My XTB21 225 with sport master does not like the Lazer II prop. Past experience it will blowout very easily. I carry it onboard for an emergency only!
  4. A

Go vols!!

I am a Wildcat fan but I was pulling for the Vols against Michigan and I thought you got a very bad call at the end. Great job Vols for having to play your way in. I guess the SEC was not that bad after all.
  5. A

XTB years of build any wood?

The specification sheet that was posted is the same one I have for my 1989 XTB-21. The centerline is 19'6' with approx weight of 995#s. NO wood construction. The specification sheet for 1992 has the 19'11' centerline with approx weight 1050#s.
  6. A

2000 ProMax 225 switchbox question ?

My 2000 ProMax 225 after the engine warms up has a quick surge between 4000-5000 RPM. I am guessing that it may be intermittent switchbox failure. Has anyone else had this problem.
  7. A

2000 ProMax 225 Sport Master grease

Sorry I used the word grease. The correct name is Mercury High Performance LUBE.
  8. A

2000 ProMax 225 Sport Master grease

How many ounces of lower unit grease is required for a Sport Master Lower unit. The lower unit is on a 2000 ProMax. I think it requires 24-l/4 oz. Thanks in advance for the help.
  9. A

Xtb21 question

My 89 XTB-21 with 8-1/2" of setback 225 PM with SM lower unit realy likes l4-1/2" to 14-5/8" od props.
  10. A

How about an XTB-21 Thread?

I have a 1989 XTB Tournament design. It has the steel transom. In 1992 the transom was set back 5"on the XTB-21's. When I put hydraulic steering on, it made a GREAT boat even better.
  11. A

blue angels

I never get tired of watching the Blue Angles. My son-in-law flies the F-18 Hornet and Super Hornet for the Navy. I would give my eye teeth to go for a ride but Uncle Sam will not hear of it. Go Navy!
  12. A

Bwb

Really enjoyed reading the article. Congratulations James!
  13. A

xtb-21 vs xb2003

The sales pamphlet for my 89 XTB21 lists it at 995#. The sales pamphlet for a 92 XTB21 is 1050#. I think that is due to the transom being extented 5".
  14. A

These guys are Sharp!

Thank you Kevin for posting these sailors. They represent the Navy very well.
  15. A

How do I keeep my livewell from filling?

I put a drain plug in the overfill drain at the top, that took care of my problem. Water was forced into the drain when I backed up. Hope this helps.