Recent content by allisonjr

1. allisonjr

Live well switch help

Anyone have a switch setup like this? If so could you help with a photo of yours becaus mine had a wire come off and I’m having issues getting them straigtened back out
  2. allisonjr

Sportmaster Prop shaft

yea man let me know what you have
  3. allisonjr

Sportmaster Prop shaft

Does anyone have any suggestions for replacing the prop shaft on my 2000 225 promax with a sportmaster gearcase. PN#44-822820f1. I know its discontinued from mercury. I don't really want to have to rehub every propeller I have to replace it with the new fat shaft. Thanks for any help!
  4. allisonjr

Stator opinion

Thanks, I wasn't sure I'm pretty green on the electrical components of the engine.
  5. allisonjr

Stator opinion

Does this look normal? It's a 2000 225 promax rt hand side of the stator closest to the switchboxes. Thanks for your help
  6. allisonjr

Pro Max maximum RPM

With the same setup I was running 85 fairly easy. Holding it wide open with the trim in the same place I do good to get 78 with my 30p Lightning et. I've rebuilt my pulse pump. Took apart the high pressure fuel pump screen and cleaned it out. Replaced fuel line from tank and fuel filter, new ngk...
  7. allisonjr

Pro Max maximum RPM

I have changed my tach and it didn't change anything. I'm missing several mph. What's weird it will hold 6k and not miss or anything. Like allimax says its like it hits a wall. I think if I put a 23 on mine it would still stop there
  8. allisonjr

Pro Max maximum RPM

My engine is having the exact issue. I haven't figured out what it is yet. It's almost like if you didn't know better you'd swear 6k is all it will turn
  9. allisonjr

Pro Max maximum RPM

I'm having a similar problem with mine. I also have a 2000 225 promax. I have been running a 30p lightning et and I broke an ear off of that last Saturday. I am using a spare hoss cut chopper prop 26p. My engine is only turning around 6100 rpm.
  10. allisonjr

Stock 225 promax won't go past 6000 rpm

What is the best way to check a coil?
  11. allisonjr

I haven't went through the fuel lines on the engine yet and have not checked my coils. I did notice when I changed the spark plugs that the cylinders in the middle of the block didn't burn the plugs as well as the rest of them.
  12. allisonjr

I did rebuild the pulse pump it didn't really change anything. Still acts like it's hitting a wall unfortunately
  13. allisonjr

I'm going to call my merc mechanic in the morning because I don't have the dva meter to check the ignition parts. I don't know how to check the coils, switch boxes, or stator without a computer or a meter. Is the tps sensor adjustable on my promax? I'm wondering if when I hit that wood it...
  14. allisonjr

Well I did a compression test last night right at 120 psi across the board. I did notice that the two spark plugs in the center of the block were quite a bit more black than any of the other plugs. I don't know if that indicates a possible coil laying down or what. The plugs are new being ran...
  15. allisonjr

Thanks for all the help! Ok today after replacing the fuel line from the boat to engine, replacing the fuel filter, and new spark plugs there was no change. The engine performs normal all the way up to 6000 rpm and then won't go past it. If you didnt know any better youd swear it fine. Even when...