Recent content by allison8503

1. allison8503

Leakdown test

Hit the nail on the head on why to turn it different directions on different sides
  2. allison8503

Happy 4th Aowners Family!

Now that's a kick A$$ picture! :-)
  3. allison8503

What happened to the Allison site?

It's been like that for a few weeks now.
  4. allison8503

Allison vs STV or, not an "Allison Boat For Sale" thread

Horsepower to horsepower and weight for weight Allison's are the fastest and quickest. But there is no forgiveness in the Allison at the speeds we are talking about.
  5. allison8503

Fast or Quick

Ill do it! Somebody give me a new XR2002. A good stock drag motor with a 12 inch mid and let me build a good XR-6 gear case. And pay for the record attempt ill drive it as fast as it wants to go twice! Lol Iv had my old bass boat in the low 120's. That was also for only a short time. It takes...
  6. allison8503

How do others describe your boat?

Iv gotten to where I tell them at the gas station the drag will run 140 to150 lol. Because they don't understand what it really takes to make one run 100-110 MPH in 660 feet! Back when I had my XB 02 they used to say "you can't many fish running 100 MPH" my response would be " I can catch just...
  7. allison8503

"Funnest Allison to drive" ????

The most fun, hands down a XR-2001 drag with big power. For what it sounds like you want I would buy Clienmarks boat! XR-2002 then the XB-2002. I personally like the bass boat as a lake boat the most. Easy to get in and out of, can walk all over it. But these are just my thoughts.
  8. allison8503

New Boatmate "c" channel galvanized pics

I like the new C-Channel trailers, but why don't they turn the rear crossmember 180 degrees so you see the flat side like the rest of the trailer? That would drive me crazy and I would be cutting up and re-welding a brand new trailer!
  9. allison8503

2006 xr2001 allison drag

Like the title says its a 2006 model XR2001 Allison drag, on a tandem axle trailer. The bare hull is between 475-485lbs "depending on the scale" The only rigging that will go with the boat is the fuel cell and fuel pump. It was rigged with a AIM Dash, brand new Voltphreak batteries and a custom...
  10. allison8503

Allison boat and prop blow-out?

We need a like button! Chad hit the nail on the head! And with all do respect to Darris, he is so conserned about legal issues he will never tell somebody to jack it up till it blows out or slows down then come down 1/16 and try it again. The 03 model boats are a lot less forgiving than others...
  11. allison8503

Tooo much trim timer

Your learning curve would be as steep as your hole shot!
  12. allison8503

Boat wrap on SS

You and me both! After what I went through after buying a solid white drag boat that had been fully wrapped its hole life I will never do it. We damn near had to wet sand all the gel off the top cap to get the yellow looking discoloration out of it.
  13. allison8503

Speaking of a 28ET

I know this is old but give B-Blades a try! When you get it back you will think it came from the "lab" floor at Mercury.
  14. allison8503

DSRA Catahoula

Slacker!!!!!!
  15. allison8503

XR2001 Gearcase

If it dips to the left raise the motor, if it dips to the right either add some tab or lower the motor.