Is this correct???

aeneas

If the numbers are true it is a real shame. I found some other slightly higher numbers on another service but the turnover suggests that the recent low numbers could be correct.

It is too bad that some people always seem to bring up the prices of these boats when we all know they are top notch designs, super well built and just look awesome. The service from Allison Boats is impeccable.
If I could I would buy a new boat or five to support them but I can't but what I will do instead is to keep my boat awesome looking and market it when at the gas station and at restaurant docks... I managed to talk a boating friend in Sweden into buying an SS instead of what I had before so there are now two red rockets in Scandinavia and in Sweden (from this season). Hope to make that more.

I am also going to move my boat and store it on a golf course facility. Everytime I will take her out I will pass the reception and caf

Last edited:

GotMyAlly

I managed to talk a boating friend in Sweden into buying an SS instead of what I had before so there are now two red rockets in Scandinavia and in Sweden (from this season).
Good point. I'm sure the numbers above do not represent any boats sent out of the country, either.

Dave Hensley

Assets paid for. Parts and clothing business paying light bills. Repair business paying full timers. New boats can have folks called in to help. They aren't going anywhere. Heck Darris and Nancy still live right there at the shop. That is what you do to earn the right to be independent, build what you want, when you want, for who you want, talk or not talk and piddle with designs and patents. Pretty good gig.

catfish123

I believe that you Dave have hit the nail right on the head regarding how their business works. It is much like the several different boat dealerships that I'm familiar with. Without their service departments, sales of boating parts/supplies, etc, they would all be out of business because boat sales would never support the expenses they have. I have the utmost respect for both Darris and Nancy, and wish them well in their future endeavors, whatever they may be.

Bobalouie

With the economic crunch in 2009 and hangover in 2010 that sounds about right. There have been 6 XB2002's built since April of 2007.....
I have one, looks like you have one, and Lou's got one, so thats 50% of the total since April 2007 right here on the board. Thats pretty cool!

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Allison should build an 'economy line' with chopper guns and the works akin to the Cadillac Cimarron (it only looked like a Cavalier--deep down it was all Cadillac).

GotMyAlly

Allison should build an 'economy line' with chopper guns and the works akin to the Cadillac Cimarron (it only looked like a Cavalier--deep down it was all Cadillac).
I don't think they'd ever lower their standards to build anything with a chopper gun. As soon as one of those chopper gun boats started showing stress cracks, rumors would be everywhere about Allisons cracking up. It could be worse overall for the brand image. That would go against everything Allison represents - building tier 1 boats. I doubt they'd attract many value-line customers anyway.

Scott Gilmore

WOW, that would be COOL. I could buy 3 or 4 new Allison's that way !! Scott :beer:

h2oskiier30

I believe that you Dave have hit the nail right on the head regarding how their business works. It is much like the several different boat dealerships that I'm familiar with. Without their service departments, sales of boating parts/supplies, etc, they would all be out of business because boat sales would never support the expenses they have. I have the utmost respect for both Darris and Nancy, and wish them well in their future endeavors, whatever they may be.
New automobile dealerships work basically the same way, as well. Used car sales and the service department keep them afloat.

catfish123

Most all new car dealerships around here do VERY well on new car sales.

h2oskiier30

They sell a ton of new cars here, but margins are very low. Most sell at invoice price. Yes, they still make some money at invoice price, but they could not sustain simply on new car sales by any means. The real money is used cars/service.

GotMyAlly

Actually, I think an economy line is kinda what they're trying to accomplish with the XST. But they're cutting options to cut costs, not dropping the quality.

patches

I have one, looks like you have one, and Lou's got one, so thats 50% of the total since April 2007 right here on the board. Thats pretty cool!
Scott Alleman has the newest one that I know of. Just built last summer, all Bahama blue. He's on here too

They've built 5 XR2001's in the last year that I know of, probably more XR's than been built in the last 4 years. Lol